Go to: Lyrics menu
* (bassF#/ E)
A F#m E A A6 EMaj7 A6
Wellbeing You need it We - ll be - i - ng ---
(E/F#/G#/F#) (E bass) A E A A6 EMaj7 A6
Happiness You want it Ha - pp i - ne - ss --- (X 3 to fade)
Spoken 1st time: But that's not what you get
2nd time: And that's what you can get
C Am G Em
Confusing wealth with well being's the great human folly
C Am G Em
There are people with money who are so sad and lonely
D A Bm F#m A7
And others with nothing who are joyful and happy
D G A
1. Breathe the life. Living on a knife edge. Got to get it right.
2. Ride the wave. Stress so exciting. Sensation you crave.
3. Tense and neurotic. Biting your nails off. Can't seem to stop it.
You are driven by ideas which are planted in your brain
Images of pretty people in (a) fast car, boat or plane
un less you own the product your life will be mundane
4. Led by temptation. We'll take you higher. The low's a frustration.
5. High pressure work. For the power and the glory. You're going berserk.
6. No time for leisure. The company's too busy. Grab material pleasure.
You work longer hours to buy the things you don't need
You're stressed and neurotic but in the rat race you'll succeed
Yes the images you saw on TV, they got you to believe.